29 Things We Love about Levis
In honor of February and Leap Year, we’ve decided to open our Pandora’s Box and share with you all the things we love about Levis Commons. We’re not talking about the fountain or the fresh air (you already know those are fabulous). We’re talking delicious deals, nightly hot spots, and favorite finds…
So in true Levis Commons fashion let’s go big or go home with a 2 for 1 to kick-off the month:
1. We all at some point suffer from the “hump-day” blues, so why not curb that feeling with a frosty brew at Bar Louie. Wednesday nights are the infamous $1 Beer Night at our signature hot spot. Enjoy $1 Budweiser, Bud Light and Bud Select all day long! Rather go south of the border? Then guzzle down a few $2 Corona and Corona Lights.
1.5 After working up an appetite at Bar Louie, make your way over to Diamond & Gold Jewelers for their “Restyle Event” from 5-8pm tonight! They’ll transform that old jewelry you’ve been holding onto for years, and make it look like new again. The master jewelers can inspect, clean, and remount any piece of jewelry you bring in…all while you wait! Speaking of waiting, you won’t be bored as the evening will include live music by Chris Buzzeli, tasty treats from JB Sarnie Shoppe, and plenty of flowing chocolate from Schakolad’s fountain.
2. Levis Commons is home to a variety of unique restaurants and eateries. Poco Piatti is one of our favorites, serving up delicious Mediterranean food in appetizer sized portions perfect for sharing. If you are anything like Princess Pita, and celebrate Thirsty Thursdays, Poco Piatti offers their special recipe Sangria for $3 off a pitcher on Thursday nights. Live music, smiling servers and the smell of freshly cooked food filling the air all make Poco Piatti on Thursday nights one of the things we LOVE about Levis.
3. Has this recent weather put you in the mood for Spring? This weekend open those windows that have been sealed shut all winter and enjoy the warmer temperatures! While you're out soaking up the not-so-common sun, stop by Yankee Candle for their "Buy One, Get One 50% Off"! We love everything about Yankee Candle's new Spring fragrances, but have to admit "coastal waters" and "pink blush" are two of our favorites.
4. Okay, we admit it...we slacked off a little bit this weekend. Are we allowed to put the blame on the Super Bowl? Either way, we apologize for not posting numbers 4 and 5 on our coutndown of favorite things. Our #4 involves our love of giving things away to you wonderful people! We began the year with our "Renew You" contest, and are proud to announce Raquel Durik was the winner of the prize package! Now to keep in the spirit of things we are giving away 4 tickets to the Freestyle Motocross event at the Huntington Center! Riders launch their bikes off ramps that propel them towards the rafters, performing mind-bending acrobatic moves as they soar through the arena airspace. The only way to properly experience this spine-tingling sport is from the very edge of your seat, as these daredevils fly high overhead.
Click Here to Enter to Win 4 Free Tickets to Freestyle Motocross on Friday, February 17th at 7:30pm!
Be sure to check our Facebook page and blog frequently for your chance to be the lucky winner of our next giveaway!
5. We love new tenants, and know you're going to love the newest additions to the Levis Commons family. We are excited to announce the grand-opening of Yogurt Vi and Crazy 8 this Spring! Yogurt Vi is the ultimate self-serve frozen yogurt experience and is dedicated to delivering fresh, fast, and healthy products. With over 80 flavors of the highest quality and a variety of 60+ toppings, the possibilities are endless. Yogurt Vi delivers customers a healthier, more diet friendly option for dessert, a mid-afternoon snack or even breakfast. Crazy 8 offers fashionable outfits at a great value for girls and boys sizes 0 to 14. If you already love Gymboree, then Crazy 8 will double the fun!
6. If you are anything like us and MUST know the latest in fashion trends, you're in luck because Francesca's understands this addiction. Their weekly "pick of the week" is a definite Monday pick-me-up. The featured product is usually a hot new clothing item offered at an additional discount for that week. Seems like the perfect combination for all of us with a "slight" spending habit.
7. Did Monday wear you out? Not looking forward to cooking dinner for the family? Then consider bringing the kids to Blue Pacific Grill or Max & Erma's for "Kids Eat Free Night". It's the perfect solution to having no motivation to cook at home! Blue Pacific Grill is the healthy and entertaining dinner option for kids of all ages. They offer a unique dining experience where you create your own stir fry that includes the finest choices in protein, seasonings, veggies, and mixes. Besides the famous chocolate chip cookies at Max & Erma's, kids can chow down on mac & cheese, pizza, and delicious burgers! Enjoy some family time and have dinner with Levis Commons tonight!
8. February is notorious for offering some of the best sales of the year. So it comes as no surprise that this week Loft has major markdowns on ALL sweaters, with prices starting at just $12.88! Loft has amazing styles at affordable prices. You can't go wrong with high-quality merchandise for less than $20. Many other retailers have incredible discounts this week as well, including Coldwater Creek with 30% off sweaters and jackets and 60% savings at J.Jill on all "work-ready" styles. Be sure to check out our hot deals for more savings, since we love to share on where to save with you!
9. Enjoy the last minute warm temperatures before the expected snowfall this weekend! We love that Second Sole hosts a "group run" every Thursday night, and this month each run is sponsored by Saucony. Tonight's run at
17. TGIF! Celebrate the start of your weekend by stopping by Arhaus for the Warehouse Sale they have going on through Presidents' Day! You can save up to 60% on regularly priced items like these fabulous occasional tables called Valetta for $749 (coffee table, shown) and $299 (end table). Regularly the coffee table is $1,099 and the end table, $449. Need an occasional seat? Pick up the Modesto Chair in one of three colors: Gray, Pool (shown) or Lime for $799 (regularly $1,299). We love Arhaus for their amazing style and incredible prices, so don't miss out on both this weekend!
18. Well, it happened again. We took the weekend off and are now paying the price for it. Here come numbers 18, 19, and 20 on our countdown of things we love about Levis! Vivian Kate is a favorite of many, thanks to unique style options and celebrity "look-a-like" outfits available. If you're like me, and secretly wish to be Kim Kardahsian, then make it a priority to stop in at Vivian Kate and check out this week's top picks...you'll be surprised to see many of Kim's red carpet looks right here at Levis Commons!
19. Celebrate Presidents' Day in style! Hurry in for Loft's FINALY DAY of their "Presidents' Day Event". Save 30% on any full-priced merchandise! From stylish clothing options, fantastic jewelry pieces, and amazing prices...it's easy to see why we love Loft. There's no reason you can't look sassy while honoring our past presidents, so pick out a new outfit at Loft and strut your stuff! While you're there, check out 40-50% discounts throughout the store. It's a win/win situation, so don't pass it up!
20. We love Presidents' Day. Of course we are thankful for the real meaning behind the holiday… But let’s face it, a 3-day weekend and Presidents' Day sales are pretty easy to love too. As enticing as snuggling up at home sounds, gather the troops and treat them to lunch and a matinee for some fun, quality time together. Not sure what’s playing? Click here for Rave Levis Commons’ current movie show times.
21. Fat Tuesday has finally arrived! This means it's time to eat paczkis and party at Bar Louie's "Fat Tuesday Bead Bash" tonight at 7pm. With all this talk about Mardi Gras, do we have you thinking about the spring and warmer weather? If so, schedule a visit to Venetian Nail Spa so youcan be "pedi-ready" when the warm temperatures hit! Enjoy services like a "royal spa pedicure" which includes a marine mineral masque which is formulated to heal and relieve dry skin and can provide temporary relief of minor aches and pains...sounds pretty good after this winter season, eh? Want to include the kids on this day of pampering? Venetian Nail Spa offers prince/princess manicures and pedicures for under $30. Walk-ins are always welcome, so stop in today!
22. Remember when we said we love new tenants here at Levis Commons? Well, guess what today is...the grand-opening of Crazy 8! The newest addition to The Gymboree Corporation’s family of brands, Crazy 8 offers fashionable outfits at a great value for girls and boys sizes 0 to 14. They offer super stylish fashions at crazy good prices. They are currently offering adorable spring deals for $5.99, $9.99 and $12.99! We love them already and we know you will too!
23. It's that time of year again...Lane Bryant's buy one, get one 50% off JEAN SALE! Give your everyday look a new attitude with embellished tops and fashion jeans. Flaunt your feminine side in flirty spring dresses and trendy peep-toe shoes. Do you love the cool of dressing down but the drama of dressing up? Then check out a new trend at Lane Bryant that combines casual and dressy pieces for a fun, eclectic look. Don't forget to take a sneak peek at swimwear for 2012, including exclusive designs with built-in cacique bras.
24. It's finally Friday! Are you as excited as we are? We'll be celebrating the weekend by shopping at New York & Company for the "Semi-Annual Pant Event". Pants and jeans are buy one, get one free! We love New York & Company's trendy fashion choices of combining urban and sophisticated looks with incredible prices. Find your perfect fit, for the perfect price...what more could you ask for?
25. We love community events at Levis Commons! On Thursday, March 29th, The Town Center at Levis Commons is teaming up with Making Strides Against Breast Cancer to host the first-annual "Stroll For Strides" event. We want to celebrate the lives of breast cancer survivors, and have a "girl's night out" that includes drinks, shopping, and fabulous prizes. The evening will begin with a cocktail hour from 5:00-6:00pm at Poco Piatti. There will be appetizers and a cash bar available for guests to enjoy. A shopping scavenger hunt will then take place between 6:00-7:30pm. During this shopping time Chico's, Lily's, and other favorites at Levis Commons will open their doors to guests and offer speciality discounts and promotions good for that evening only. Survivors and friends will end the evening back at Poco Piatti from 7:30-8:00pm. During this time, there will be a brief presentation on registration for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5k Walk/Run in May. Immediately after the presentation, we will raffle off various items donated by local stores here at Levis. Limited seating is available so please purchase tickets to this event by March 23, 2012. Tickets are only $10! Click here to purchase your tickets now!
26. Are you getting excited for St. Patrick's day? If so, stop by Claire's and accessorize your "Irish" style with their buy one, get one 50% off sale! They have an extensive collection of four-leaf clovers, beads, and other jewlery perfect for any outfit. Not a fan of drinking green beer and pretending to be Irish for the day? No need to worry, Claire's also has buy one, get one 50% off any hair accessories. Dress up any look with a colorful flower headband, and you'll be spring weather ready!
27. Happy Monday! Our Monday "pick-me-up" usually consists of a visit to Books-A-Million for the purchase of a few magazines, and a quick snack at the cafe. We love everything about Books-A-Million, including the great events they host from week to week. Every Tuesday and Saturday morning is story time with Kathleen, "The Kat Lady" at 11am. She reads a story and leads the group in creating a "make and take" project. All ages are welcome to join in on the fun! Don't forget to mark your calendars for the "Magic Tree House" event on March 12th at 12pm. The tour will be traveling in a Magic Tree House decorated bus. Two cast members will perform original songs and invite audience participation, and there will be a book stamping and photo opportunities with the main characters Jack and Annie.
28. Even if you don't have children of your own, it's hard not to love Easter clothes for kids. You know the kind... pretty pastel colored dresses, argyle sweater vests, bonnets and newsboy hats help define "holiday best" for Spring. Gymboree and Crazy 8 certainly have no shortage of swank for the little ones this Easter. For a sneak peek of what the trendiest tots are wearing to greet the bunny this year, tune in to WTOL Channel 11 Wednesday morning at 9:00 a.m. for a Easter fashion segment. Take our word for it, even if you are not shopping for children's clothes, these segments are worth the watch. :)
29. We have finally reached the end of our "29 Things We Love about Levis" countdown! What better way to celebrate the last day of February than by vsiting Lily's. The store is offering 20% off your entire purchase in honor of leap day! Cheer up this rainy day with some super cute Easter decor and gifts for the home.
Tags: furniture, sales, Arhaus, jewelry, Schakolad, bar louie, kids, second sole, blue pacific grill, Loft, shoes, candles, max & erma's, shopping, clothing, movies, yankee candle, Crazy 8, New York & Company, diamond & gold, Poco Piatti, fashionably broke, princess pita, food, Rave Cinema, francesca's, running
With 2 mini-me’s at home and a husband on the road, she’s typically a whirlwind of pink always on the go.
She definitely works hard for the finer things in life, and a great sense of humor to tolerate the idiosyncrasies of the rest of the girls.
Has an obsession for savings, industrial sized Purell, and a meatless diet, Momma OCD is one of a kind!
Trying to balance decorating a new house, filling her closet with the trendiest fashions and never missing an episode of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians".