Chances are, if you’ve been paying attention to fashion trends at all, you’ve seen the reemergence of the belt bag in all the biggest runway shows. More traditionally referred to as the “fanny pack,” this ‘90s style trend is making a comeback, and we’re here to show you how to wear it with a fresh, modern spin.
Try out some of these clever ways to wear the belt bag this season:
1. Keep it minimal and chic with a black leather belt bag. You might not be able to fit a lot in your belt bag, but with its classic and chic aesthetic, this is one of those style choices that immediately separates you from the crowd.
2. If you have extra change to spare (and you really want to embrace this trend) designer belt bags are all the rage this season. Traditionally less expensive than your typical designer handbag, this is a great way to get your hands on a designer piece without breaking the bank.
3. If designer isn’t really your cup of tea, but you still want to establish yourself as someone who knows good style, get a belt bag that has a sporty aesthetic. With the rising popularity of athleisure, sporty belt bags are guaranteed to be a hit this season.
4. Belt bags are traditionally worn around the waist, but once again, if you have your eyes open to the latest fashion trends, you’ll know that wearing the belt bag across your shoulder is a trendy spin on a classic staple.
5. While you might be inclined to stay away from anything that too closely resembles the traditional “fanny pack,” if you’re someone who is known for their bold style, we say go for something that has a bit of vintage flair. Bonus points if you can find one in a neon color!
So ladies, tell us: will you be wearing a belt bag this season? With so many styling options and fun designs available, this is one of those trends that anyone and everyone can make work. Give it a try – we’ve got a strong suspicion you’ll quickly see the appeal of the belt bag.